Owncloud installation / setting up the admin account doesnt work

I have several vhosts running, as WordPress with Nginx / Reverse Proxy for security reasons to be more flexible in the future for more web-applications.
I didnt adjusted the config.php - i check that now with 9.1.6

The default data dir is owncloud/data. I am not sure if you can change data dir without writing it in the config.php file

I've the same problem during installation.
Installation failed on
Error while trying to create admin user: An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE oc_calendarsubscriptions CHANGE lastmodified lastmodified INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL NOT NULL':
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1067 Invalid default value for 'lastmodified'

I've tried to install from web interface and from command line using this command
sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:install --database "mysql" --database-name "cloud" --database-host "10.125.30.5" --database-user "cloud" --database-pass "mariaDBstrongPassword" --admin-user "admin" --admin-pass "strongAdminPassword"

I think that the problem in SQL query. Installer try to set NULL to not NULL field. If you try to execute failed query in mysql console, you will have the same error.
Can you help?

Hi, can you try this?

cd /path/to/your/owncloud
wget https://gist.github.com/VicDeo/bb0689104baeb5ad2371d3fdb1a013ac/raw/04bb98e08719a04322ea883bcce7c3e778e3afe1/DoctrineMariaDB102.patch
patch -p0 < DoctrineMariaDB102.patch

I've got it from this issue that is similar to your error message:

Dmitry, you are the best. Thank you!
Installation was success!

Glad that I could help you out :slight_smile:

I have the same error, I make a fresh install in ubuntu 20.04. The problem has been from 2017? I testing owncloud, i see that is a problem

@kapi If you need/want any help, you should create a new topic and fill the template with relevant information, rather than commenting on a three-year-old topic.

2 Likes

@Dark_Monster If you need/want any help, you should create a new topic and fill the template with relevant information, rather than commenting on a four-year-old topic.

Thank you for assistingā€¦ I am new in owncloud , it however I think that I did everything correctly. I just want to know if this could be a bug . But I will send further info, May be my mistake. Thank you for your

Thanks, Iā€™ll try one more time, if I fail again
Iā€™ll take every step of the whole command line back,
as my preferred method of building anything on Linux,
as I think I must have enough experience in almost all
types of usage of Linuxā€¦ I appreciate your help,
Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll need it, first, I like challenges,
in this my first Owncloud, Iā€™ll just find out if itā€™s a bug or my lack
of knowledge about Owncloud, thatā€™s a tool for me interesting
that I also have to master, because I didnā€™t find this difficult,
so I go through each step, I get to the last one in my web browser
only to find the main page working as expected, but ā€œboylaā€ It didnā€™t work