Owncloud issues on fresh install

Hello, I installed the latest version of 10.2.1 and encountered the following problems during the test:

1. using the mysql database installation, after configuring the cas save in the owncloud, return to the point in, the display configuration is empty?
  2. Where does the web server configure the rate limit for uploading and downloading traffic for all users for the client?
  3. After accessing the cas, how do I log in using the Windows version or the Mac version of the APP?
  4. On the server side, how do you see the space usage rate of all users?

Looking forward to your reply?

Hello.

Did you have a look at our documentation?

doc.owncloud.com

1 Like

The document was read, and there are three problems left in the current question.

1. Where does the web server configure the rate limit for uploading and downloading traffic for all users for the client?
  2. After accessing the cas, how do I log in using the Windows version or the Mac version of the APP?
  3. On the server side, how do you see the space usage rate of all users?

As far as I know, ownCloud itself doesn’t provide that functionality on the server side, but it is possible to configure the client to use bandwidth limits. Otherwise you will have to look into a third party solutions, you can find more information here:
https://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_manual/configuration/server/harden_server.html#rate-limiting

Not sure what you mean with “cas”, but I would recommend you install a test server and try out the client on your computer. Once you do that, it’s a pretty self explanatory process guided with a wizard. You can find the client docs here:
https://doc.owncloud.com/desktop/

I would just run a du on the user directories in the ownCloud data folder, but this won’t include external mounts and similar. For that you would have to run a query like so on the database:

select m.user_id, concat(convert(fc.size / 1024 / 1024, integer), 'MB') as size from oc_mounts m, oc_filecache fc, oc_storages s where m.mount_point=concat('/', m.user_id, '/') and s.numeric_id=m.storage_id and fc.storage=m.storage_id and fc.path='files' order by fc.size desc;

Otherwise if you require professional ownCloud support or consulting you can contact sales@owncloud.com.

1 Like