I’m authoring the ownCloud Music app which is translated in Transifex as part of the ownCloud project. The problem is that the translation template has not been updated on Transifex for more than a year. I tried to update it manually with
tx push -s but apparently I didn’t have needed permissions.
Yesterday, I asked about this on #owncloud-dev irc channel and jvillafanez activated the nightly sync task for the application. This, however, made the things even worse: now majority of the previously available translation keys have vanished from Transifex. Previously, there were 35 strings and now there are only 14. There’s supposed to be 71 strings in total.
I assume that this happens because the majority of the translations of the Music app are implemented using angularjs gettext library. Hence, the
l10n.pl read normally used to extract the localization strings does not find them. The right way to extract localization strings on the Music app is to run
make l10n-extract in the music/build folder. The equivalent of
l10n.pl write, on the other hand, is
I guess there are more than one possible ways to fix the situation. If it’s difficult to support non-standard translation mechanism on the nightly sync, I would be perfectly happy updating the .pot file manually to Transifex. I would just need means to do that.
Ping @DeepDiver1975 as that’s what jvillafanez suggested.