Owncloud not connect with AD - Samba 4

Hi everyone, how are you?

I'm trying to connect to Samba 4 to perform the integration with AD by viewing this tutorial: https://vorkbaard.nl/adding-owncloud-8-to-active-directory-2012-r2-part-4-connecting-to -active-directory /

But I'm having trouble making the connection. The owncloud.log tells me the following:

{"reqId":"3RyFKEnQBskWM7JwR1Ju","remoteAddr":"10.123.50.82","app":"user_ldap","message":"Configuration Error (prefix ): No LDAP Login Filter given!","level":2,"time":"2017-03-29T21:20:13+00:00","method":"POST","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php\/apps\/user_ldap\/ajax\/wizard.php","user":"administrador"}
{"reqId":"3RyFKEnQBskWM7JwR1Ju","remoteAddr":"10.123.50.82","app":"user_ldap","message":"Configuration Error (prefix ): login filter does not contain %uid place holder.","level":2,"time":"2017-03-29T21:20:13+00:00","method":"POST","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php\/apps\/user_ldap\/ajax\/wizard.php","user":"administrador"}

At no time does the connection signal turn green.

Has anyone gone through this? Would you help me?

Thank you very much!

It seems like AD was case sensitive on the filter setups. So things like the capital U for users was important.

Hey Leeo,

Did you enter the valid information for the AD integration?? can you double check and if possibkle can you palce the screenshots

Hello guys!

Thanks for the answers.

I will send some images of my configuration:

More one:

Is any other image interesting?

I solved my problem!!! :slight_smile:

I inserted the following parameter into smb.conf:

"Ldap server require strong auth = no"

Thank you!!

1 Like

Hi,

Can you please let me know the exact location of this file : smb.conf?

smb.conf is in /etc/samba/

1 Like