ownCloud on NAS external Storage and Android App issue

Actual behaviour

• Hello Guys,

I have a Zyxel NAS 326 and install the ownCloud App. In ownCloud I install the external storage plugin, in Order to access to the Files on my hdd, that installed in the nas. I can access the Files over owncloud on web and the Android app. The problem is, that I cant access Files, which I uploaded over the Android app. On my Desktop PC With Windows, the nas is as network drive installed. I tried to upload pictures and Text document from my mobile Phone to the Hard drive over oc, on Windows I cant open these Files. Curios is, that the filesize exactly the same is, as on my mobile Phone. My Android Mobile Phone is decrypted, is that perhaps the problem?

Thanks for your help

Expected behaviour

• I will upload my pictures and open/view on Desktop pc or editing Text documents, which I can continue editing on Desktop. On my nas, I have only access over ftp

Steps to reproduce

1. upload picture to nas over oc
  2. access nas Hard drive over Windows
  3. open the uploaded picture

Can this problem be reproduced with the official owncloud server?
(url: https://demo.owncloud.org, user: test, password: test)

Environment data

Android version:
Device model:
Blackberry Keyone
Stock or customized system:
Stonas aownCloud app version:

ownCloud server version:
7.xx (no update over nas avaible)

Logs

Web server error log

Insert your webserver log here

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Insert your ownCloud log here

Hey,

from what i can see the last ownCloud 7 version was released more then 2 years ago and is end of life since then. The main question here is probably if this outdated version is causing your issue?

Hey Tom,

the problem is, that no update avaible for the nas oc app. Unofficial, it support 8.xx but I dont know, how I can force the update. For a few minutes I testet the upload from a file with a not decrypted android mobile phone, with no improvement.

I think, the issue is to specially. I see no possibility to test.

Hey, maybe you can install the newest version manually if the device provides all requirements:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html