Owncloud Server Upload speeds

I am sorry if this is not the correct category. I am having problems uploading files to my fresh OwnCloud installation. I've tested the connection between me and the server and it is stable with over 90mbps of bandwith. However when I start uploading it drops.

Steps to reproduce
1. Put a big file to upload
2. At first it starts to upload fast and than it drops to 15-20mbps

Expected behaviour
It should upload with the maximum speed - 90mbps

Actual behaviour
Begins at 90 and after less than a second it drops to around 10-15mbps

Server configuration
Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04
Web server: Apache 2.4.18
Database: mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.0.29-MariaDB
PHP version: 7.0.13
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.4
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: fresh install
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): nothing

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Please paste possible errors in the following code block, see https://central.owncloud.org/t/how-to-find-webserver-or-oc-logfile-enable-php-logfile/808 for more info

Empty

Integrity status for oC9+

No errors have been found.

I would first follow some general tips and trick to speed up your setup (redis and apcu-cache, database cache). Then the only way is see is to monitor your server in order to find the bottle neck (CPU, i/o performance, ...). Do you directly use webdav? Or via oc-client (the chunking of big files didn't work very well for very fast networks of 100 Mbit/s or faster)?

I already got to 50 Mbit/s and was limited by the network connection but I didn't do any recent tests. I didn't use the encryption app.

1 Like