Owncloud stopped working without any action on server

Hello my friends! My problem is that owncloud stopped working without did any action to the server. I noticed that the wordpress that I’m hosting too has some problem so I reinstall php7.4. The wordpress fixed but owncloud not. From the beggining even with the problem exists, the wordpress redirect me to one page saying me that there is a problem, but owncloud redirects me to browser error with code 599. Even the wordpress fixed, the owncloud still redirect me to browser error with http code 599.

First of all, sorry for my English and second thing to note that I’m newbie to this area of hosting etc.

I copied the crash-2023-10-09.log of owncloud and paste it to pastebin because it is too big: pastebin[dot]com/QKcwprsY

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance to all the people!!

PS: I let the link because the crash_log is over 10k lines…

"message": "Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: could not find driver",

You have to install the php bindings to work with the DB you want to connect to. Ensure that they are the php 7.4 version.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer! :slight_smile: Can you please tell me which module i have to download, because I cant find it and I’m a little noob. The strange thing (for me at least) is that owncloud stopped working without any action, without any update…

PHP VERSION:

php -v
PHP 7.4.33 (cli) (built: Sep 4 2023 08:12:36) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.4.33, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

php -m
[PHP Modules]
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dom
exif
FFI
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
hash
iconv
intl
json
libxml
mbstring
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
Phar
posix
readline
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
sockets
sodium
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
Zend OPcache
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend OPcache

From the docs:

apt install -y \
  apache2 libapache2-mod-php \
  mariadb-server openssl redis-server wget php-imagick \
  php-common php-curl php-gd php-gmp php-bcmath php-imap \
  php-intl php-json php-mbstring php-mysql php-ssh2 php-xml \
  php-zip php-apcu php-redis php-ldap php-phpseclib
1 Like

When I tried to install all these packages, It automatically downloads the php8 modules, so I purged the php8* and tried to edit the instructions you provided with the “php7.4”, but can’t install php-phpseclib. But even I downloaded all other modules, the owncloud host also give me http 599 error.

I don’t know what happening. I can’t see any other php version installed on my system instead of php7.4.
Should I uninstall completely the php from the system and install it again?

It was strange to me that it happened randomly without any action.
Sorry for the trouble and thank you all for your answers :slight_smile:

On my systems (Debian based), all these modules are prefixed with php7.4, so e.g. php-bcmath becomes php7.4-bcmath. You have to find the matching modules on your system and install them.

Nothing changed. I made sure that i have only php7.4 and all the modules you suggested to me, but unfortunatelly It didn’t fixed the problem :confused:
May I have to clean install?

Hey,

i think it could be possible that your web server is still configured to use a different PHP version then PHP 7.4 and i think that different PHP version could miss the required database driver. Maybe it could be also possible that while the database driver is installed it is not enabled in the PHP configuration.

I think the whole problem depends on the underlying operating system and i think that the support of that operating system could better help to debug and solve this further.

You can try, but I’m afraid this will install PHP8 again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.