OwnCloud synchronization bug of read-only FS

Hi,
unfortunately I’m actually using version 10.4 not 10.6, but I think this problem is not fixed as it is specific. I’m using OwnCloud Server with FileSystem partially ReadOnly (one of the subfolder has read-only mounted partition) and all is working fine. I configured OwnCloud Client on my Windows workstation in Virtual sync mode. Next I download one of the file from this RO subfolder. When I’m trying to “Free up space” the client tries to synchronize this file back to the server, but on the server it is read-only so an error occurs and the situation starts from the beginning. Infinite loop. In my opinion there should be an option/possibility to delete file/directory without client-to-server sync (like “Free up space w/o sync”), or define one-way sync for folders/files (server-to-client).

Expected behaviour

Virtual mode:
Free up space on the client without error when remote filesystem is read-only

Actual behaviour

An error occurs

Steps to reproduce

1. Configure server with shared read-only filesystem
  2. Connect client with virtual file support to the server
  3. After full sync download any file from the server (from read-only area)
  4. Try to “Free up space” on the client for this file

Server configuration

Operating system:
Raspbian

Web server:
httpd

Database:
mariadb

PHP version:

ownCloud version:

Storage backend (external storage):
mmc

Client configuration

Client version:
2.8.2 (4246)

Operating system:
MS Windows 10

OS language:
Eng

Qt version used by client package (Linux only, see also Settings dialog):

Client package (From ownCloud or distro) (Linux only): OwnCloud

Update:
OwnCloud Server version updated to the latest 10.7.0.4. Of course nothing changes.
Problem still persists.

Hey,

if you think this is a bug then i think it should be reported to the ownCloud people at Issues · owncloud/client · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.