Owncloud to copy files for multiple storage devices

Hi all.

I wish OwnCloud to copy any file from any user to multiple storage devices available (local e S3).
I dont want to let the user choose what storage device to use, I only want to keep files copies outside my local enviroment too.

Hi Robert! I think You can configure OwnCloud to copy files from any user to multiple storage devices available using the External Storage Support application 1. This application enables you to mount external storage services and devices as secondary OwnCloud storage devices. You may also allow users to mount their own external storage services 1. To copy files to multiple storage devices, you can set up an OwnCloud server as external storage in the new server 2. This way, you can connect the new server to the old one and copy files from one server to another 2. You can also use S3 as external storage 3. To do so, you need to configure the External Storage Support application to use S3 as external storage 3. Please note that you cannot copy files to multiple storage devices without letting the user choose what storage device to use. However, you can configure OwnCloud to keep file copies outside your local environment

1 Like

Ok, thank you for your reply.

Seems ownCloud isnt the right tool for this job.

Best regards,

is your porblem solved or not? just checking

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.