Password required when username given

Hi,

We are facing issues connection to windows network drives for some users and can’t find the reason why. When some users connect they are greeted with an error regarding the mounting of the network share with the following message associated “Password required when username given”

Those shares are mounted using the External Storage Windows Network Drives app and using the “Log-in credentials, save in database” option.

This has been working for few years.

Our ownCloud instance is running 10.8.0.4 the External Storage Windows Network Drives is up to date to 2.1.0. We recently updated the app to its newer version. (I think but can’t be sure that the issues started right after the update).

When switching from “Log-in credentials, save in database” to “Log-in credentials, save in session” the Network drive is mounted properly (we can browse through it) yet the yellow message at the top still appears showing “Some of the configured external mount points are not connected.”

When looking at the logs we find the following: (shortened for better viewing)

“message”:"Exception: {“Exception”:“OCP\\Files\\StorageNotAvailableException”,“Message”:“Password required when username given”

When looking at the source (wnd.php) file we can find the following check

if ($this->getPassword() === '' && $this->getUser() !== '') {
           throw new StorageNotAvailableException('Password required when username given');
}

This errors seems to indicate that there is some issues with the credentials not being provided to this part of the code. I do not think this is due to the credentials themselves since we are able to browse the folder when using the “Log-in credentials, save in session” option.

Thank you in advanced for your help,

Server configuration

Operating system: Ubuntu server 18.04 LTS

Web server: Apache

Database: Postgres

PHP version: 7.4.27

ownCloud version: : 10.8.0.4

Are you using encryption: no

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP

Hello Alexandre,

I think the problem should be looked at by the dedicated enterprise support.
Can you open a support ticket?

1 Like

Hi and thank you for your message.
With the help of the support, we rollbacked to the previous version of Windows Network Drive and it worked. From what I understood a patch is on the way for that bug.
Thanks,
AM.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

WND 2.1.1 RC1 is ready for QA.