Pdf_viewer app - can't download pdf

HI, not sure if this is the correct place for this but, I have owncloud 10 installed. I went to the marketplace and downloaded the app: pdf_viewer.

This all works fine, however on Google Chrome & Edge i am unable to download the PDF’s. I click the download button and nothing happens. Users can still click the three dots and download that way, but it’s weird that this button within pdf viewer is no longer working

I’ve tested this on internet explorer and it works fine, however our distributors use google chrome so this is an issue.

Any ideas? or is this a known bug?

When you click which button?

Anyway, when you click the three dots left to the file size, there is a download option. This works perfectly in my recent Chrome browser.

Additionally in the PDF viewer app there is a download button as well. This button worked perfectly in my recent Chrome browser, too.

If still not working for you consider any blocking extensions and read the browser console log, if required.

1 Like

Hi, yes i suggested using the three dots for now until a solution has been found. But previously before upgrading to owncloud 10, the download button on pdf viewer app would work perfectly.

This is the button that is doing nothing on Google Chrome

If still not working for you consider any blocking extensions and read the browser console log, if required.

1 Like

This happens for every user on any computer using chrome on my owncloud, so unfortunately this wouldn’t help

Obviously I mixed up the browsers, in Chrome the in-app download button does not work for me either. I see there is an open issue with the files_pdfviewer app:

1 Like

Thank you! the fix in this post worked :slight_smile:

1 Like