I have issue with encryption user key password reset.
First of all whole server config:
1. LDAP connected to owncloud
2. encryption enabled for whole system and all files
3. create shared folders for all users where users can drop files
4. there is no central recovery encryption key
So now what happens
1. user change password for LDAP
2. same user do not work with owncloud long time, but he logs in using his LDAP password and he gets notification about changing his encryption key.
3. ok, now user has to provide old encryption key password that he don't remember
1. Recovery is not possible, so how to reset this encryption key password?
I went through
but it's all about recovery encryption key
I can't find information where i can find user encryption key. But also i'm not sure what will be impact it I will delete it and if new key will be used to provide him back access to all information in shared folder.
But i was thinking that if i can reset whole user profile then i can get all his access to shared files back. We can accept losing all his personal information in his own folder as without any recovery key it's not possible to get it back, but that's a bit different case when you deal with shared folders.
1. is it possible to reset user key password (e.g. by removing keys and geting new one) and get back access to information? if yes, then how?
- is it possible to reset user key password (e.g. by removing keys and geting new one) but actually accept fact that all information that he had access to so far will be no longer available? if yes, then how?