PHP7.2 and always_populate_raw_post_data=-1

Hi everybody,

I just updated my servers from 5.5 to 7.2.
Since that, I cannot access my owncloud as the following error is displayed (in french)

PHP est configuré pour remplir des données brutes POST. A partir de PHP 5.6, cela va générer des avis pour du code parfaitement valide.
Pour corriger ce problème, configurez always_populate_raw_post_data à -1 dans votre php.ini

Which basically says that because I’m now using a version of PHP>5.6, I have to change a line (always_populate_raw_post_data=-1) in my php.ini.

The problem is that even when I create a php.ini at the root of my Owncloud folder with the right line in it, the error message is still displayed.

I tried to find existing php.ini file within the owncloud folders, but I did not find any.
But I found that the .user.ini exists and already contains the line always_populate_raw_post_data=-1

Any idea about how to get this variable to be accepted by owncloud?

Thank you very much!

Server configuration

Operating system: Linux info 3.0 #1337 SMP Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 CEST 2000 all GNU/Linux

Web server: http://cloud.ulysse.blau.com

PHP version: 7.2.16

Where did you install ownCloud from: Download from website

The content of config/config.php:

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => '***', 'passwordsalt' => '***', 'secret' => '****', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'ulysseblau.com', 1 => 'cloud.ulysseblau.com', ), 'datadirectory' => '/homepages/19/d234433622/htdocs/ulysseblau/cloud/data', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://ulysseblau.com/cloud', 'dbtype' => 'sqlite3', 'version' => '8.0.3.4', 'installed' => true, 'theme' => '', 'maintenance' => false, );

Have you looked in your php folder?

It‘s generally located at /etc/php/7.0/php.ini I think.

1 Like

Thank you @dmitry for your answer

Before posting my message, I looked for this folder, as the phpinfo told me tht there was the php.ini file

Configuration File (php.ini) Path /etc/php7.2
Loaded Configuration File /etc/php7.2/php.ini

I tried to find this folder (/etc/) but I could not. Nor at the root of the server nor in the owncloud folder.

Here is a screenshot of the files and folders in the owncloud folder

How could phpinfo() tell me that a file is in a folder that does not show? Can some folder be “hidden” ?

Thanks again for your help! :smiley:

Hey,

i don’t think that such an outdated version of ownCloud is running with PHP 7.2.

You probably need to downgrade to PHP 5.6 again and then first upgrade this ownCloud version before updating PHP to 7.2. again.

2 Likes

I’ll try and let you know :wink:

I agree with @tom42.

However, regarding your php question: You are looking in the ownCloud folder. The /etc/ folder in from the root view of the file system.

You are now for example in /var/www/owncloud/ and here is no php folder, that‘s correct.

You need to go to /etc/ to find that folder. The command cd /etc/ should get you there.

1 Like

@dmitry, I already looked at the root of the server but I did not find that “/etc/” folder

This could be because you don‘t have the permissions to access that file / folder.

If you have a server somewhere where you don‘t have root access - you can‘t access root directories :slight_smile:

1 Like