Rebooted server and now stuck in maintenance mode

Hi!

I rebooted my centos server and now my OC 10.9.1.2 container is stuck in maintenance mode. I’ve edited config.php and put maintenance false but web still says maintenance mode.

I don’t see anything obvious in logs. My database is up and running and I can get to it via adminer from outside the container.

Any suggestions as to troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Bobby

Hi!

I tried running repair but I get:

ownCloud is in maintenance mode - no app have been loaded
Turn on maintenance mode to use this command.

Thanks,
Bobby

Hi!

Arggghhhh!!!

php diff between ‘true’, ‘false’, and true, and false.

OC php did not like true and false in quotes. Once I edited config.php and put false w/o quotes, worked.

I still can’t get runuser to call php occ maintenance:mode --off as command-line parser doesnt like it. How does one run this inside the container?

Bobby

2 Likes

docker exec <container_name> occ maintenance:mode --off works for me.

Hi!

Thanks.

On occasion, I have to go into the running container and run occ commands. runuser doesnt like:

runuser -u www-data – php occ maintenance:mode --off

I’ve tried all kinds of variations to try to prevent runuser from catching --off as part of its args rather than the occ.

Do you know how to run this command inside the container w/o runuser catching --off ?

Bobby

Hi,

I don’t know about runuser and why you want to use it. The occ inside the container is already a wrapper script that will handle the user stuff automatically, see base/occ at master · owncloud-docker/base · GitHub

I have posted already a docker exec command that works out of the box. You can also access the container shell as usual using docker exec -it <container_name> bash and run occ maintenance from the shell.

Hi!

Thanks. I’m following the doc instructions. It seems there is a big diff between running docker natively and running it inside a container.

Bobby

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.