Reinstalling owncloud fails (Univention corporate server)

Dear all,

I am using UCS 4.1.4 on my homserver.

To upgrade to Owncloud 10 I uninstalled owncloud 9.1 as recommended by the appcenter. As the installation failed though I tried to reinstall owncloud 9.1. However, the I could not log on the system through the LDAP accounts. Thus, to reset the config files I executed the comand “app-get remove owncloud --purge” and moved the /var/lib/owncloud floder to another directory. Then I reinstalled owncloud 9.1.

However, now it seems that owncloud cannot register with the MySQL database. More specifically, when accessing the logon page I am asked to provide the database password for the owncloudDbUser. Futhermore, the systems returns the error “this username already exists” for the owncloudadmin user.

To my knowledge this issue partly resembles the one described in here “Installation Owncloud” (sorry, it’s in German). However, there is still an owncloud folder in the /var/lib/mysql directory and the UCR variable owncloud/db/name does not exist. In addition, “apt-get remove owncloud --purge” does no longer work. The system returns that the ownlcoud package cannot be found.

I would to kindly ask how I could reset the config files and register the LDAP accounts as well as owncloud with the MySQL database. Again, please excuse that I am not too familiar with that topics.

Your help will be highly appreciated. Many thanks!

Kind regards,

nycbroker

I think I’ll prefix my thoughts on this as... Use With Caution because I might be totally wrong on this.

But if you want to reset your config file, this would be located in whateveryourowncloudinstallfolderis/config/config.php . I guess you could just rename this to something like configOLD.php which I believe would cause a new default config.php file to be created.

If your users are LDAP based I would guess just re-adding the LDAP information in the LDAP section in the admin panel would then solve that issue.

I would absolutely suggest doing a back up of your data folder and the config folder of course before doing anything.