Removing code integrity check warning message

I’ve created a really simple custom theme for a client. It’s based on the ownCloud theme example.

I’m getting this error message on the admin account:

There were problems with the code integrity check. More information…

The results are:

Results
=======
- theme-fieldcloud
    - EXCEPTION
        - OC\IntegrityCheck\Exceptions\MissingSignatureException
        - Signature data not found.

I’ve checked the documentation, which says that the code signing isn’t mandatory, as I’m only ever installing directly in an ownCloud installation.

My question is, how do I get rid of the error message?

many thanks, Jake

I think you can have some whitelist for the integrity check. https://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_manual/configuration/server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#code-sample-106 should contain what you want.

Just a reminder to anyone reading: there are a lot of reasons for the integrity check to exist. Generally, including files in a whitelist to bypass an annoying message of “you’re doing things wrong” is bad. The integrity check is an easy way to detect several problems that could happen in any installation.
This is a reasonable case to whitelist the app though.

4 Likes

@jvillafanez, brilliant, thanks for swift reply. I’ll give that a go :slightly_smiling_face:

I have reinstalled ownCloud, now on a VPS. The documentation for removing the code integrity check warning message has been updated:
https://doc.owncloud.com/server/admin_manual/configuration/server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#define-apps-or-themes-that-are-excluded-from-integrity-checking

However, now the warning message won’t go away! This is the code I’m using in config.php:

'integrity.ignore.missing.app.signature' => [
    'theme-fieldcloud',
  ],

This is the super-simple Theme GitHub repo: https://github.com/fieldcraft-studios/theme-fieldcloud

Any insights & ideas gratefully received, thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Check which files are actually detected as incorrect by clicking on the link in the warning.
Alternatively I think you can also run the occ integrity check command.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:t5: yep, maybe I should actually read the error message! Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s the files which have failed the integrity check:

Results
=======
- core
	- EXTRA_FILE
		- ocs/error_log
		- error_log
Raw output
==========
Array
(
    [core] => Array
        (
            [EXTRA_FILE] => Array
                (
                    [ocs/error_log] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => b434116e360f22dc5d717c38b38d1c1a7d8eb8d3681532606df186d18c75232ecc9ecee2e5db51b8a8d5817724f09de53e78101acd46d2165e79b6bdb463c749
                        )

[error_log] => Array
                        (
                            [expected] => 
                            [current] => 3ed0699fd69c866a84d47076c4ed8d06bb8ff617ed2332bcf75ae614950184c7331be6ae6ce06be862fd1c5b45030fa17a79e8802fdbecbf3e466258fc4c381e
                        )
                )
        )
)

It’s not the theme that’s the problem, it’s an error log.

This means for some reason this file got there and it is not supposed to be there. Have a look at it and see if it has any useful information and move it out of the way, that should fix it.

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s exactly what’s happened. The Image Magick PHP module isn’t installed, throwing up an error in the error log :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey,

i don’t think that your web server / PHP should put it’s log files into the ownCloud directory. In my opinion a folder like /var/log/php is the place for this.

1 Like