Renaming folder with mac not working & max upload size? V: ownCloud 9.1.0

9.1.x
help
webserver_issue

Hi,
This is my first post, Kudos to everyone from the OwnCloud Community!

V: ownCloud 9.1.0

So, basically my problem is:

I have the cloud, online, where my clients/users register. I then create a master folder with subfolders, upload pictures to the subfolders with a standard name, share the master folder with the client/user, then the client/user rename the subfolders to whatever he wants.
The problem arises when the folder is not renamed in local, in my sync-folder, on my computer.

Thanks in advance!

Hot

EDIT:

So I basically solved the renaming problem on windows, but I still get it with mac OS. Guesses?

PROBLEM 2

I'm now trying to upload some videos to the users folder but I can't.
The videos are .mp4 of about 800MB.

I'm aware of the 512MB limit.

I tried the following:
Rise limit in onwcloud .user.ini, config.ini, .htaccess
Same for the website root.

But with no success, the upload hangs, both from local folder and webui, and then simply stops/disappear.

I can upload from FTP but this is not the best solution for me.

Thanks again for any help you can give me!

Hot

Hi @Hotfingers! :wave:

welcome to central!

I'm trying to reproduce by having the following tree:

admin
└── user_photos
    ├── folder1
    │   ├── 001.png
    │   └── 002.png
    └── folder2
        ├── 1.png
        └── 2.png

user_photos is shared with 3 users, tried renaming folder1/folder2, from either:

1. the web UI
  2. the desktop client

And I'm not being able to reproduce this behavior, since in all cases, every account synced with the client displays a notification, and therefore the folder is renamed locally:

So, let's try to find out what's going on with your version of the client by looking at some logs: https://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/2.2/troubleshooting.html#log-files Can you append them here?

So I basically solved the renaming problem on windows, but I still get it with mac OS. Guesses?

PROBLEM 2

I'm now trying to upload some videos to the users folder but I can't.The videos are .mp4 of about 800MB.

I'm aware of the 512MB limit.

I tried the following:Rise limit in onwcloud .user.ini, config.ini, .htaccessSame for the website root.

But with no success, the upload hangs, both from local folder and webui, and then simply stops/disappear.

I can upload from FTP but this is not the best solution for me.

Thanks again for any help you can give me!

Hot

Hi,

please use separate topics for each problem for the reasons explained here:

As the max size of the uploads doesn't depend on the sync client please also post this new problem in the oC server category