Reset password link only working with user name

Hello,
I have a problem with my Owncloud configuration.

I realized that to reset a password; the url sent by email works if the person enter his username but on the other hand the link does not work if he provides his email address.

In case he enters his email address an error message is returned after clicking in the email link: “Unable to reset the password because the token is invalid”

System status
1 installed
maintenance
needsDbUpgrade
Version 10.0.10.4
versionString 10.0.10
Community edition
productname ownCloud

Have someone any idea about my issue ?

Thx

Was the password reset email triggered 12 hours before? I think the token is only valid for 12 hours.

Hi;

No the password reset email are like 1min old each time i try.

The link work if i give a user name on restet pasword form.
But if i give an email on restet pasword form the link sent but the browser return me that the token is not valid

Can you try to rephrase your problem, I don’t quite get it.

1. You create a password reset email
  2. User clicks on link
  3. User receives error message: Token not valid

If you enter a user name instead of the email address on the reset password form the password reset works.

Are you using a different user backend? Like for example LDAP?

Can you recreate the problem with a stock instance, possibly latest version. Can you upgrade your instance?

ok; i will add some screenshot.

Are you using a different user backend?
Like for example LDAP?
==> No

Can you recreate the problem with a stock instance, possibly latest version. Can you upgrade your instance?
==> for the moment no, but for sure it’s will be the next step if i’ve no answer with this post.

thx for helping

Please have a look into this issue:

2 Likes

YEEESS !

i change the lostControll.php file with the new one : https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/10ff8194d8e787c998b3ad82869fcb963c67a816/core/Controller/LostController.php

Work perfectly.

you can renew the password with an email , the renew email contain the link with the user name.

Thank you a lot !

1 Like

Hey,

i’m not absolutely sure but i think you could also update to the more recent ownCloud 10.3.2 version which already includes this fix (including many more fixes).

1 Like

yes i need to sure it’s will not create issues with our custom code before. but for sure we have to do it.