Running Owncloud on dreamhost shared servers?

Hello.

First of all. I have tried searching through this forum and asking google for each of my problems. And I can't see to find a solution that works for my specific problems on shared servers, with limited rights as a mod. I'm writing here, as I'm stuck and can't seem to get nowhere without help.

I used to run OC 6 or 7 on a Dreamhost shared server since 2014. All went well.

Lately I had to make an update, and it wen't terrible. I have made a back up, and are now trying to start from fresh, by installing OC 9.1 from scratch.

I run on dreamhost shared server. php 7.0. And made SSL certificate. MySQL database.
Made an installation by unpacking and transfering "owncloud-9.1.0.tar.bz2" to the website and installed from there.

I get the following error messages:

• The PHP module 'fileinfo' is missing. We strongly recommend to enable
    this module to get best results with mime-type detection.
  • Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in our
    documentation. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)
  • cURL is using an outdated OpenSSL version (OpenSSL/1.0.1). Please update your operating system or features such
    as installing and updating apps via the app store or Federated Cloud Sharing will not work reliably.The "Strict-
    Transport-Security" HTTP header is not configured to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security we
    recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.
  • No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available.
    Further information can be found in our documentation.
    Please double check the installation guides :arrow_upper_right:, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

If I missed out some important information, please let me know

Edit: The central question is: is this solveable on a shared server? If so, how?

Thanks for your time and effort.

Best regards
Kristian

Hi,

the only thing solvable on a shared hoster without root access to the system is:

Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in our
documentation. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)

Documentation for that is linked at the message

The integrity check normally shows missing files or files that were changed during upload (search for ftp transmission mode). That check must not fail.

To get a current curl-version and the fileinfo-module is something you should ask your provider, it would be good to have this (curl if you want to exchange data with other hosts, e.g. federated cloud sharing, automatic app installation, updater app).

The other points are nice to have but not required (HSTS, memory cache, ...).

Thanks for the quick replies :slight_smile:

As of now I don't have the need of sharing anything. I use it for a small private cloud to sync different devices and contacts, calenders etc.

Would you for that purpose recommend to change to a VPS, and if so, do you have any recommendations for sites that host?

List of invalid files:
Results
=======
- core
- INVALID_HASH
- .htaccess
- FILE_MISSING
- .user.ini

• Sorry, another question:
    Can I use it as it is now, and just ignore the warnings ?

Can I use it as it is now, and just ignore the warnings ?

this was already answered by @tflidd above

Since I'm asking, I did'nt understand it.
As I read it, only HSTS and memory cache is not required.

I can't log on to the cloud from the desktop version. Can this be explained from the problems showed above ?

• again thanks to any one taking time to answer

Kris

In this case the shown warnings / recommendations are not causing such issues. Please create a new thread for that issue giving some more details about "I can't log on to the cloud from the desktop version."