I’m using owncloud since about two years now, it works quiet well on a shared hosting.
I’ve got a general background in computing and programming, but I’m neither a specialist in networking nor in database.
So, I would want you some advices to “enhance” my configuration.
In owncloud general settings page, I see theses warnings:
- Transactional file locking should be configured to use memory-based locking, not the default slow database-based locking.
- SQLite is used as database. For larger installations we recommend to switch to a different database backend. Especially when using the desktop client for file syncing the use of SQLite is discouraged. To migrate to another database (…)
- We recommend to enable system cron as any other cron method has possible performance and reliability implications.
- /dev/urandom is not readable by PHP which is highly discouraged for security reasons. Further information can be found in (…)
- No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in (…)
For the first and last point, I guess theses are impossible to change, because of the shared hosting.
For third point, unfortunatly, I have to choose “Ajax” option, because I can’t change cron tasks in my shared hosting admin (I didn’t pay for this option).
For second point, If I look in phpMyAdmin, I see:
- Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
- Server type: MariaDB
- Server connection: SSL is not being used
- Server version: 10.1.37-MariaDB-1~jessie - mariadb.org binary distribution
- Protocol version: 10
- User: xxxx
- Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
- Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)
- Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $
- PHP extension: mysqli mbstring
- PHP version: 5.6.39-0+deb8u1
Always in myPhpadmin, in the Engines panel, I see:
|Storage Engine |Description|
|CSV |Stores tables as CSV files|
|SEQUENCE |Generated tables filled with sequential values|
|MRG_MyISAM |Collection of identical MyISAM tables|
|MyISAM |Non-transactional engine with good performance and small data footprint|
|InnoDB |Percona-XtraDB, Supports transactions, row-level locking, foreign keys and encryption for tables|
|MEMORY |Hash based, stored in memory, useful for temporary tables|
|Aria |Crash-safe tables with MyISAM heritage|
|PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA |Performance Schema|
The default one is MyISAM.
So, wich other one could be used to improve owncloud ?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance!