Server Ghost Folders

Some of my users have a folder that shows when you look through the browser, also the owncloud client wants to synchronize it. But when I look the folder up in the data directory, it isn't there. Clicking on it in the browser leads back to the file root. The client throws an error and stops syncing because of if. The log shows that the folder isn't there but then why does it show up?

What I did so far is rebuilding the file cache using the occ command without success.

Server configuration
Operating system: Debian 9 Testing
Web server: Apache
Database: MariaDB
PHP version: 7.0
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.3

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

{"reqId":"rbu8YV\/NUu6DGJMmEqV0","remoteAddr":"192.168.0.66","app":"webdav","message":"Exception: {\"Message\":\"HTTP\\\/1.1 404 File with name Tribal Trading\\\/Design\\\/Business Card could not be located\",\"Exception\":\"Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\Exception\\\\NotFound\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/home\\\/www-data\\\/owncloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/sabre\\\/dav\\\/lib\\\/DAV\\\/Server.php(903): OCA\\\\DAV\\\\Connector\\\\Sabre\\\\ObjectTree->getNodeForPath('Tribal Trading\\\/...')\\n#1 \\\/home\\\/www-data\\\/owncloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/sabre\\\/dav\\\/lib\\\/DAV\\\/CorePlugin.php(334): Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\Server->getPropertiesForPath('Tribal Trading\\\/...', Array, 1)\\n#2 [internal function]: Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\CorePlugin->httpPropFind(Object(Sabre\\\\HTTP\\\\Request), Object(Sabre\\\\HTTP\\\\Response))\\n#3 \\\/home\\\/www-data\\\/owncloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/sabre\\\/event\\\/lib\\\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\\n#4 \\\/home\\\/www-data\\\/owncloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/sabre\\\/dav\\\/lib\\\/DAV\\\/Server.php(459): Sabre\\\\Event\\\\EventEmitter->emit('method:PROPFIND', Array)\\n#5 \\\/home\\\/www-data\\\/owncloud\\\/3rdparty\\\/sabre\\\/dav\\\/lib\\\/DAV\\\/Server.php(248): Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\\\HTTP\\\\Request), Object(Sabre\\\\HTTP\\\\Response))\\n#6 \\\/home\\\/www-data\\\/owncloud\\\/apps\\\/dav\\\/appinfo\\\/v1\\\/webdav.php(56): Sabre\\\\DAV\\\\Server->exec()\\n#7 \\\/home\\\/www-data\\\/owncloud\\\/remote.php(164): require_once('\\\/home\\\/www-data\\\/...')\\n#8 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/home\\\/www-data\\\/owncloud\\\/apps\\\/dav\\\/lib\\\/Connector\\\/Sabre\\\/ObjectTree.php\",\"Line\":170,\"User\":\"Baruch\"}","level":0,"time":"2017-03-09T10:16:08+00:00","method":"PROPFIND","url":"\/remote.php\/webdav\/Tribal%20Trading\/Design\/Business%20Card","user":"Baruch"}

Integrity status for oC9+

No errors have been found.

Try to update to the latest version 9.1.4 first as explained in your filled issue template.

I did the update and no problem occurred but the Ghost Folders are still there. Am I the only one with this problem? The folders don't really exists, not in the data directory but both the web application and the owncloud client show them.

One more thing of interest to note is that when, in the browser, I delete the folder, it seems to disappear. But when I refresh the browser it's back.

Most likely some leftovers in the database. If another occ files:scan after the update to 9.1.4 won't solve this then please report this directly to the developers at [1].

[1]