Steps to reproduce
- Simply load the URL
- I set up a new OwnCloud installation on EC2 through RunCloud, I expected OwnCloud to run.
Your Data directory is invalid Please check that the data directory contains a file ".ocdata" in its root.
- I believe that I have OwnCloud set up correctly.
- I downloaded the
files_primary_s3plugin from the community plugins, uploaded the zip to /apps, extracted it, then CHMOD’d to the correct user.
- I added the new config to the
config.phpfile, then attempted to visit my public URL to complete installation and login.
- Since I received the above error I reached out to AWS support. I installed the AWS cli on the OwnCloud server, in the same folder as OwnCloud, then with the help of the tech I was able to successfully copy a file from the sever to the bucket. (I had to update my IAM user access policy as I had set it up to only allow access to the FILES within the bucket, not the bucket itself.)
- Since I was able to
cpa file from the server to S3 I now KNOW that it is possible for my server to access the bucket. BUUUUTTTTT, OwnCloud is telling me that my Data directory is incorrect.
Please help me get this set up, I have to move ~1TB of data from another server here, and would like to have that done before the end of the year. THANK YOU!
- Ubuntu 22.04
- Apache with NGINx
- Maria, UTF8MB4
ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
Where did you install ownCloud from:
The content of config/config.php:
<?php $CONFIG = array( 'passwordsalt' => '***hidden***', 'secret' => '***hidden***', 'trusted_domains' => array( 0 => 'localhost', 1 => '***hidden***.com', ) , 'datadirectory' => '/***hidden***/owncloud/owncloud_data', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://localhost', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '10.11.0.6', 'dbname' => '***hidden***', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'mysql.utf8mb4' => true, 'dbuser' => '***hidden***', 'dbpassword' => '***hidden***', 'allow_user_to_change_mail_address' => '', 'logtimezone' => 'UTC', 'objectstore' => [ 'class' => 'OCA\Files_Primary_S3\S3Storage', 'arguments' => [ 'bucket' => '***hidden***', 'availableStorage' => 1099511627776, 'part_size' => 5242880, 'concurrency' => 5, 'options' => [ 'version' => '2006-03-01', 'region' => 'us-west-1', 'credentials' => [ 'key' => '***hidden***', 'secret' => '***hidden***', ] , ] , ] , ], 'apps_paths' => array( 0 => array( 'path' => '/***hidden***/owncloud/public_html/apps', 'url' => '/apps', 'writable' => false, ) , 1 => array( 'path' => '/***hidden***/owncloud/public_html/apps-external', 'url' => '/apps-external', 'writable' => true, ) , ) , 'installed' => true, 'instanceid' => '***hidden***', );
List of activated apps:
Are you using external storage, if yes which one: local/smb/sftp/…
Are you using encryption:
Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/…
- Safari (but it doesn’t really matter)