Database:

PHP version:

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page) 9.1.6

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:

Where did you install ownCloud from: owncloud website

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above):

Login as admin user into your ownCloud and access 
http://example.com/index.php/settings/integrity/failed 
paste the results into https://gist.github.com/ and puth the link here.

'admin' -> 'Generate Config Report' -> 'Download ownCloud config report'
This report includes the config.php settings, the list of activated apps
and other details in a well sanitized form.

or 

If you have access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ config:list system
from within your ownCloud installation folder

*ATTENTION:* Do not post your config.php file in public as is. Please use one of the above
methods whenever possible. Both, the generated reports from the web-ui and from occ config:list
consistently remove sensitive data. You still may want to review the report before sending.
If done manually then it is critical for your own privacy to dilligently
remove *all* host names, passwords, usernames, salts and other credentials before posting.
You should assume that attackers find such information and will use them against your systems.

List of activated apps:

If you have access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ app:list
from within your ownCloud installation folder.

Could not open file occ

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: smb

Are you using encryption: no

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: LDAP/ActiveDirectory/Webdav/...

LDAP configuration (delete this part if not used)

With access to your command line run e.g.:
sudo -u www-data php occ ldap:show-config
from within your ownCloud installation folder

Without access to your command line download the data/owncloud.db to your local
computer or access your SQL server remotely and run the select query:
SELECT * FROM `oc_appconfig` WHERE `appid` = 'user_ldap';

Eventually replace sensitive data as the name/IP-address of your LDAP server or groups.

Client configuration

Browser:

Operating system:

Logs

Web server error log

#### ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Exception: {"Exception":"OCP\Files\StorageNotAvailableException","Message":"Unknown error (Connection to 192.168.1.100 failed (Error NT_STATUS_HOST_UNREACHABLE))","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Lib\/Storage\/SMB.php(289): OCA\Files_External\Lib\Storage\SMB->getFileInfo('')\n#1 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Files\/Storage\/Common.php(436): OCA\Files_External\Lib\Storage\SMB->stat('')\n#2 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Lib\/Storage\/SMB.php(638): OC\Files\Storage\Common->test()\n#3 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/config.php(231): OCA\Files_External\Lib\Storage\SMB->test(false, false)\n#4 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Controller\/StoragesController.php(255): OC_Mount_Config::getBackendStatus('\\OCA\\Files_Exte...', Array, false, false)\n#5 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Controller\/UserGlobalStoragesController.php(119): OCA\Files_External\Controller\StoragesController->updateStorageStatus(Object(OCA\Files_External\Lib\StorageConfig), false)\n#6 [internal function]: OCA\Files_External\Controller\UserGlobalStoragesController->show(1, false)\n#7 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(159): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#8 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Http\/Dispatcher.php(89): OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OCA\Files_External\Controller\UserGlobalStoragesController), 'show')\n#9 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/App.php(99): OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OCA\Files_External\Controller\UserGlobalStoragesController), 'show')\n#10 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/AppFramework\/Routing\/RouteActionHandler.php(46): OC\AppFramework\App::main('UserGlobalStora...', 'show', Object(OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer), Array)\n#11 [internal function]: OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler->_invoke(Array)\n#12 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Route\/Router.php(280): calluser_func(Object(OC\AppFramework\Routing\RouteActionHandler), Array)\n#13 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/base.php(891): OC\Route\Router->match('\/apps\/files_ext...')\n#14 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/index.php(54): OC::handleRequest()\n#15 {main}","File":"\/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files_external\/lib\/Lib\/Storage\/SMB.php","Line":172}

#### Browser log

Insert your browser log here, this could for example include:

a) The javascript console log
b) The network log
c) ...
`
I am a pretty new at this so I get lost with a lot of the tech talk. My External storage is a USB drive off of my router. I can access it from the browser and from the file manager. Once I can see the drive and files on it from the server then I will work on accessing from a desktop client

Is this your SMB host? Can you access SMB via command line from your server (smbclient)?