Shared Addressbook not shown

Hi,

I have problems with sharing contacts after moving to new server and upgrading. I can share in the contacts app but nothing is shown in the target users contacts app. Accessing via carddav the shared is not possible.

Steps to reproduce

1. Fresh Server with 10.0.10 upgraded existing DB from 9.?
  2. Installed Contacts-App 1.5.4
  3. Share addressbooks with local users

Expected behaviour

Shared addressbook should be shown in contacts app and should be accesible via carddav

Actual behaviour

shared addressbook not shown and not found via carddav

Server configuration

ownCloud version: 10

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh server with imported 9.? DB (upgraded)

Where did you install ownCloud from: deb http://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/10.0/Debian_9.0/ /

PHP version: 7

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: no

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: no

Are you using encryption: no

Client configuration

Browser: Firefox 63.0.3

Operating system: Windows 10

iOS App Version / Android App Version Carddav-Sync

Please have a look at the browsers error console and in the server logs. THX

I took a look in my server logs and browser error console. I could not find an error message. Neither on creating the share nor trying to show the contacts by the other user.
The share is saved. You can see it in the account of the sharing user, but the other user cannot see it. Nither in the contacts app nor via caldav.

Where can I find the addressbook share in the db?

I have seen, that the contacs app is only a carddav frontend. So the problem begins with the missing shared addressbook in the carddav interface. I found that an entry is created in oc_dav_shares.

What is it now: Fresh install or upgraded? Both is IMHO not possible. Maybe this is the origin of the trouble.

I have set up a new server with debian 9 and owncloud 10. I connected this to a db prepared with my data of the old owncloud 9.1.8 instance. The new server upgraded the db like normal owncloud ugrade with no error messages.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I don’t have any hint for you, as you have already done what @DeepDiver1975 suggested.

The problem was a contact in one addressbook. I had to migrate without contacts and import them manual.

1 Like