Sharing is not allowed

Hello,

I’m running owncloud 10.1.04 on CentOS 7.6. I Tuesday this week sharing was working fine.Now when you click share it says “Sharing is not allowed”.

The only new change I can think of is installing the gallery add-on form the market place.

Any idea where to start troubleshooting?

Something more is going on here. I just tried to view a PDF on owncloud via the web UI and got this message:

PDF.js v1.10.0 (build: 55734b2)
Message: Unexpected server response (500) while retrieving PDF "https://www.example.com/remote.php/webdav/ownCloud_Server_Administration_Manual.pdf".

Sorry for asking this, but how about your changes you described here?

Hello,

Plot is getting thicker. If I try to download any files I get an error:

" Internal Server Error"

Looks like a Redis issue. Looking closer.

Found this in the log:

“message”:"Exception: MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but it is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled, because this instance is configured to report errors during writes if RDB snapshotting fails (stop-writes-on-bgsave-error option). Please check the Redis logs for details about the RDB error.: {“Exception”:“RedisException”,“Message”:"MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but it is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled, because this instance is configured to report errors during writes if RDB snapshotting fails (stop-writes-on-bgsave-error option). Please check the Redis logs for details about the RDB error

Restarting Redis corrected the issue.

Just an added note.

If you have installed Redis do take some time to review the /var/log/redis/redis.log from time to time.

I had two configuration warnings in mine related to memory settings. I think these contributed to my sharing error since it was Redis related.

I only had check the redis log further today when I saw that I was getting the “Sharing is not allowed” message again this morning.

so just an FYI.

• Mike