The access to the Admin-Page is very slow. All other pages are working without a delay.
When accessing the Admin-Page various steps are done by ownCloud:
Checking for ownCloud updates on http://apps.owncloud.com
Checking if your htaccess is working
Checking for a working internet connection by calling http://apps.owncloud.com and/or http://www.owncloud.org
Check if your WebDAV on your server is working
Reading your logfile /data/owncloud.log
One of those requests could cause a timeout when accessing the Admin-Page. You need to make sure that none of this problems is causing such timeouts:
- Problems of your server resolving either http://www.owncloud.org and/or http://apps.owncloud.com via DNS
- Accessing the outside internet in general
- Some proxy / firewall configuration which doesn’t allow an outbound connection to http://www.owncloud.org and/or http://apps.owncloud.com
- Timeout of the WebDAV request checking the working WebDAV on your server
- Security mods blocking one of those calls
- SELinux is preventing the access to http
- Your /data/owncloud.log is too big (This is only a reason for oC versions prior to 9.2)
It could be also possible that those problems just exists within your PHP environment and not at your basic operationg system. More infos about those problems can be found in the logfiles of your environment: How to find webserver or OC logfile / enable php logfile
Disabling some config options could be a first workaround to disable problematic checks. To disable these set the following config.php options in your config.php (change
false if one already exists.
'appstoreenabled' => false, 'updatechecker' => false, 'has_internet_connection' => false, 'check_for_working_webdav' => false, 'check_for_working_htaccess' => false, 'check_for_working_wellknown_setup' => false,
If the Admin-Page is working again you can enable one config option after another to see from which check this issue is coming from.
If your /data/owncloud.log is too large you can just delete it.
Also make sure that you’re disabling all 3rdparty apps which could also cause such issues according to: