Steps to reproduce
- Installed owncloud with softaculous with shared hosting provider
- Provided admin username and password during installation
- Navigate to cloud dot example dot com slash index.php (can’t post links)
- Login with username and password provided during installation
- Get error message “Wrong Password. Reset it?”
Should be able to login to begin first time setup
Not able to login with credentials provided during installation. Other credentials I have tried based on searching here in the forums and elsewhere:
And multiple different combinations of the above.
Operating system: Unix
Web server: Apache
PHP version: 7.4
ownCloud version: 10.12.0
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Fresh Install
Where did you install ownCloud from: Softaculous
Browser: Firefox, Edge
Operating system: Windows 10
It seems owncloud does not accept ampersands (&) in their passwords. I had tried resetting my password using the softaculous ‘Edit Installation’ feature but it didn’t work initially, until I removed the ampersand from my password. I was then able to login. It would be good to let softaculous know about this, or have this somewhere in the documentation (If it’s not there already)
i have done the following on https://demo.owncloud.org:
- logged in with the credentials admin:admin
- created a user “test2” with a password “test&test”
- logged out with the admin user
- logged in with the new test2 user and the password using an ampersand
- see that a successful login with that password having an ampersand was possible
Maybe this is a problem with Softaculous only? e.g. there could be some mishandling in the ampersand for the used web server configuration?
In this case i don’t think that any of the ownCloud people has any contact with Softaculous and i think you could open a bug report with the Softaculous support.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.