[SOLVED] Logfile is expanding to Gb in seconds while no activity!

Dear Community,

I've found that my logfile is bubbling really fast, as it weighs Gbs in only a few seconds! I caught part of the file and it's full of:
{"reqId":"8J2Vu0bqLAjoVBLIYFi7","level":3,"time":"2017-10-26T06:57:06+00:00","remoteAddr":"88.179.69.9","user":"ccianchi","app":"PHP","method":"POST","url":"\/index.php\/login","message":"realpath(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(\/) is not within the allowed path(s): (\/var\/www\/vhosts\/bcasmart.com\/:\/tmp\/:\/dev\/urandom:\/media\/diskext) at \/var\/www\/vhosts\/bcasmart.com\/httpdocs\/oc\/lib\/private\/Files\/Storage\/Local.php#370"}

And I log only fatal errors!

It seems that something goes wrong with the external storage, can anyone help me understand what?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Please try to get an understanding how open_basedir works in php and how to configure this properly on your server.

Basically the open_basedir resrictions do not allow php to access some parts of the filesystem

Thanks DeepDiver! I've carefully checked the open_basedir settings in Plesk and found out that a backslash was missing. Fixed it and monitoring the logfile size, but so far, so good...

Thanks again for your help!

1 Like