Some LDAP users can not log in or get empty folders


#1

I have some users that get a time-out in their IOS-app. And I have some that get an empty folder on their Android app. I am not sure whether it is the same reason.

But both can login in the desktop-application and by using a web-browser. And other accounts do work nicely, even on the same devices.

The LDAP Server is a Microsoft Active Directory

I already tried a maintenance:repair and a user:sync.

Any hints?


#2

Hi,

could you tell me the versions you are using?


#3

Server is 10.0.10
IOS Client is 3.8.0
Android is 2.9.1

Did updating ever solve an unknown error? :wink:


#4

Yes, since updates include fixes for bugs, you know.

oC developers don’t just throw out updates because they feel like it, but because bugs are being fixed and patches released.

When you open a new topic in this forum you are presented with a template, the more you fill out the less questions about your system you will be asked.


#5

Yeah, I have seen the templates sometimes but they do not come always. E.g. “Apps” does not have a template.

The IOS-Device is a Iphone 7. Android is a HTC One m8. It seems not to matter.


#6

Oh, thanks for mentioning.

I added a template, a bit less than in the server category, but still a good start when looking for the issue.


#7

question - does the username contain special characters like spaces?


#8

Nope, plain a-z in username and a-z/0-9 in the password.


#9

Is you server publicly available?


#10

It is.

Several users can use it through their mobile network. Only a very few get this problems. And I have no clue what might be the difference.

I had the idea it might be related to the token-based authentication used by the desktop-application. But I deleted all tokens without any change. BTW: How do I force the desktop-app to use tokens? Some installations do ask for a tokes, others don’t.


#11

Can you send us a test account to the address apps@owncloud.com

So we can investigate this issue hands on.


#12

I found a solution that works at least for one of my users:

A occ user:disable directly followed by a occ user:enable solved the issue and the user can work with the IOS app again.

I close this issue after I got positive feedback from other users.


#13

Thanks for the feedback. Strange issues requires strange solutions.


#14

One user still had issues and I optimized some settings like the allowed run-time and the maximum used memory in php.ini . I am not sure whether this was related as I had no control over his device at that time.

But now all my users can work again. I think the disable/enable somehow solved the issue.