- Check user quota in client or web UI.
- Modify a large file to have a new version generated.
- Check user quota again.
To my understanding, files in the
files_versions directories should not affect to overall quota of a user, as these files will sequentially be purged if the data in
files approaches the actual quota.
Whenever new versions are created, the displayed quota in web interface and Windows client decreases accordingly (see screenshot).
- User “alex” has a quota of 50 GB (third snippet), the server has by far enough storage left to supply that.
- The file system (fourth snippet) shows 34 GB in the
- Yet, both Web UI and client show the quota
34 of 47GB used.
- The difference between the actual quota (50GB) and the displayed one (47GB) is obviously the files in
- I tried adding a large file to the trashbin and can confirm that is decreases both the
To my understanding, this behaviour is not correct. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago, but cannot assign it to any update, as both client and server did not get updates at that time.
Operating system: Ubuntu
Web server: Apache
PHP version: 7.4
ownCloud version: 10.0.8.4
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: updated
List of activated apps: all default apps (no third-party)
Operating system: Windows 10