Status.php calling OC::handleRequest()

9.1.x
help

Hi,
after an upgrade from a rather old version to ownCloud 9.1 I cannot access the status.php site. When I try to do so, I get redirected to the login page or the default page if I'm logged in. I traced this back to status.php somehow calling OC::handleRequest() which does the default request handling. I could not find out however, where the code is called. status.php includes lib/base.php where the OC class is defined and instantiated but it does not call handleRequest() on it, this only happens in index.php.
I inserted a log of a php debug_trackeback, but this only shows one entry, the handleRequest method:

{"reqId":"V\/tjukXfc97Ye9C5jvEh","remoteAddr":"<ip>","app":"no app in context","message":"[{\"file\":\"\\\/var\\\/www\\\/owncloud\\\/index.php\",\"line\":39,\"function\":\"handleRequest\",\"class\":\"OC\",\"type\":\"::\",\"args\":[]}]","level":2,"time":"2016-11-09T15:38:19+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/status.php","user":"--"}

Do you have an idea what could be going wrong or how I can trace the problem further?

Server configuration
Operating system: Debian Jessie
Web server: nginx 1.6.2
Database: mariadb 10.0.27
PHP version: 5.6.27
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.1
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: 6.0.5 (via all other major releases)
Special configuration (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption): none

Integrity status for oC9+

No errors have been found.

Hi,

have you updated your nginx config to the one for oC9+ provided at doc.owncloud.org ?

Yes, with the migration I also switched from apache to nginx. I just double checked and apart from removing comments, substituting parameters such as server name and enabling IPv6 the configurations are the same.

Hi,

the nginx config provided there is known to work on a wide range of systems and distros out there. If you see such issues with the status.php you might want to setup a fresh Debian Jessie (have the same setup running here) and compare that working setup with your not working.

Thanks, you pointed me in the right direction. After setting up a debian container with ownCloud I compared the configurations: I had a typo in the location regex, there was a slash where a pipe symbol should've been.