Streaming videos from App "Insecure Certificate"

Good morning,

I have installed an owncloud server on a raspberry, enabled ports 80 and 443 for internet access and created an owncloud server certificate via LetsEncrypt to secure access via https.

Everything works fine, currently I have videos coming from cameras, however if I access through the APP it doesn’t allow me to play the video files, only download them. It alerts me with the following message “The streamig cannot initialize because your server certificate is not trusted. The download will start automatically”.

I have tried entering multiple directives in the config.php, but none successfully
check_for_working_htaccess’
‘ssl_verify_peer’

Attached is my config.php:

?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'ocyd8n4cijly',
  'passwordsalt' => '*****',
  'secret' => '*****',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.1.151',
    1 => '******.****.org',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/owncloud/data',
  'files_external_allow_create_new_local' => true,
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://192.168.1.151/owncloud',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '10.12.2.1',
  'dbname' => 'owncloud',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => '******',
  'dbpassword' => '*******',
  'allow_user_to_change_mail_address' => '',
  'logtimezone' => 'UTC',
  'apps_paths' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/owncloud/apps',
      'url' => '/apps',
      'writable' => false,
    ),
    1 => 
    array (
      'path' => '/var/www/html/owncloud/apps-external',
      'url' => '/apps-external',
      'writable' => true,
    ),
  ),
  'installed' => true,
  'loglevel' => 1,
);

Many thanks.

Hey,

i don’t think that this can be solved in the config.php. I think this needs to be solved in the web server configuration (for example Apache) so that it serves the correct and valid SSL certificates.

1 Like

HI,

The truth is that I have tried everything, I suppose that as it is a self-generated certificate it must be an error associated with the typical browser message informing you to proceed with caution as it is a certificate issued by a non-recognised entity… I have tried to cancel it in a thousand ways but there is no way.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.