Stuck in maintenance mode

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a Raspberry Pi 4B to run Home Assistant and am very new to all this stuff (trying to learn).

I have installed ownCloud via Portainer on my Home Assistant. After doing an update I am now seeing a message of the ownCloud instance currently being in maintenance mode, of which it has been for a long time and I am unable to access my ownCloud.

I have seen a few people describing how to get out of this with terminal line code but I’m not sure if I can do this from the Home Assistant interface.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Harrison,

first things first - you should start with the basics if you are trying to learn. I am assuming you are trying to learn linux, not home automation.

ownCloud is best run when you have it on a vm somewhere with command line access to it. That way you could solve your issues, monitor the log file and configure it to your needs.

Right now, if you don’t have access to a command line, all you could try is to locate the config.php file that is located in the ownCloud directory, in the config folder, and change the value from maintenance mode from true to false.

https://doc.owncloud.com/server/10.8/admin_manual/configuration/server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#maintenance

If this does not work - you are out of options :slight_smile:

Additionally, we strongly recommend manual updates, not the ones that are done via the web updater.

2 Likes

Hi Harrison,

If it’s only about maintenance mode I’d recommend dmitry’s advice to change the setting in config.php.

I am not familiar with Home Assistant, but when it comes to occ (=shell) commands this page might be helpful for you: Shell Command - Home Assistant

So you would create a service like
oc_maintenance_off: sudo -u www-data php /var/www/owncloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

You’ll have to adapt pathes to your requirements, then you should be able to trigger this call somewhere from your frontend.

(Hint: For yaml files it is vital to have the correct syntax, especially the 4 spaces as shown in the examples in the linked page)

HTH

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.