Syncronize files from external SMB with OC login

Is it possible to force the client is forced to synchronize files?

Steps to reproduce
1. Attach SMB external storage with OC login
2. Install client and connect to OC
3. Put the file to windows share
4. See the owncloud local folder - nothing

Expected behaviour
I'd like to see the file within owncloud local folder ))
Can I tell the client to make force resync all files?

Actual behaviour
I have to browse folders from browser so that all my files are synchronized

Client configuration
Client version: 2.2.4
Client operating system: Windows 7

Server configuration
Operating system: CentOS 7
Web server:Apache 2.4.6
Database: MariaDB 5.5.50
PHP version: 7.0.10
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.3
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:update from 9.0
Special configurations (external storage, external authentication, reverse proxy, server-side-encryption):
External SMB storage with OC login, AD authentication
ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

If I understand you correctly, you mean with 3. that you do put a new file into the SMB external storage outside of ownCloud? In this case you need to have a file scan done afterwards via occ command / cron job. ownCloud needs to know about the change in the SMB file system.

Hello hodyroff,

Thank you for your interest.

Occ may scan changes of files only on SMB external storage with "username and password", but not if using "Log-in credentials, save in session" ((
Scan changes of files on SMB with OC login is doing Ajax cron from browser, but if client always is connecting to OC, may be it can rescan changes of files forcibly?

Hello team,

Does anybody have any ideas?

1. Don't use Log-in credentials, save in session and the systems cron / occ rescan command (more reliable)
  2. Use Log-in credentials, save in session and AJAX cron (less reliable)
  3. Don't add files to the external smb storage

Nothing more what can be done from user side here.

Hi,

i don't think this should be suggested as a solution here because it recommends to truncate the oc_filecache table. This caused the user to loose all infos, shares etc. stored within that.

Sure. What I meant was method #1 mentioned there. I could be wrong, but I believe that using console.php to force file rescan (i.e. via CRON) does not truncate oc_filecache. Is that correct?

Hi,

yes thats correct. However using method #1 won't help if you're using the Log-in credentials, save in session method for the external storages. The reason for this is explained here:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/external_storage_configuration_gui.html#detecting-files-added-to-external-storages