Target Folder does not exist anymore

Hi there,

Here is my setup before I start,

Apache 2.4
MySql 5.6.38
PHP 7.0.27
Owncloud 10.0.7.2

I have installed owncloud on my vps and am able to login and set users etc, I can create folders but I can't upload any type of files.
This shows in the header "Target Folder "/Test" does not exist anymore
Has anyone had this problem, it's a new install and apache, php and mysql has been recently updated.
Is there a list of Apache mods and PHP Extensions that I can check on my server to make sure I have installed everything needed for owncloud.

Many Thanks in advance, Neil

ADDED is it safe to post my config_report here so you can have a look for me?

1 Like

Hi,

sounds like your web server user has not the right permissions to add folders.

I would check your permissions on folders and your web server configuration.

2 Likes

Thank you Dmitry for your prompt reply,
I can create folders within the owncloud installation as a user but cant seem to upload any type of files.
Here is some of the log file, this has just been installed to test out. There is no error in the log when I try to upload.

I am using 770 permsissions on the data folder is this correct?

27T12:06:29+00:00","remoteAddr":"82.10.68.59","user":"neil","app":"PHP","method":"PUT","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php\/settings\/users\/neil\/mailAddress","message":"idn_to_ascii() expects parameter 3 to be integer, string given at \/home\/celticst\/public_html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Mail\/Mailer.php#135"}
{"reqId":"WpVK6rvEgPJpF7jmXEFxyAAAAAY","level":3,"time":"2018-02-27T12:11:22+00:00","remoteAddr":"82.10.68.59","user":"neil","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php\/settings\/users\/stats","message":"Use of undefined constant INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 - assumed 'INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46' at \/home\/celticst\/public_html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Mail\/Mailer.php#135"}
{"reqId":"WpVK6rvEgPJpF7jmXEFxyAAAAAY","level":3,"time":"2018-02-27T12:11:22+00:00","remoteAddr":"82.10.68.59","user":"neil","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php\/settings\/users\/stats","message":"idn_to_ascii() expects parameter 3 to be integer, string given at \/home\/celticst\/public_html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Mail\/Mailer.php#135"}
{"reqId":"WpVK6kMJ7Hw23G656fr82wAAAA8","level":3,"time":"2018-02-27T12:11:22+00:00","remoteAddr":"82.10.68.59","user":"neil","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php\/settings\/users\/users?offset=0&limit=200&gid=&pattern=","message":"Use of undefined constant INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 - assumed 'INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46' at \/home\/celticst\/public_html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Mail\/Mailer.php#135"}
{"reqId":"WpVK6kMJ7Hw23G656fr82wAAAA8","level":3,"time":"2018-02-27T12:11:22+00:00","remoteAddr":"82.10.68.59","user":"neil","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"\/owncloud\/index.php\/settings\/users\/users?offset=0&limit=200&gid=&pattern=","message":"idn_to_ascii() expects parameter 3 to be integer, string given at \/home\/celticst\/public_html\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/Mail\/Mailer.php#135"}

Hi,

who is the owner of your owncloud directory?

The permissions are set 755 for the owncloud folder Dmitry

Yes, but who is the owner of this folder?

755 is simply:

give the owner all the permissions : read write execute
give the group some permissions.
give others some permissions

You can do a ls -la on the folder to see who the owner is

The owner is superadmin for the vps, do i need to create a separate linux user called owncloud?

I don't know your setup.

But ownCloud works like this:

You have a webserver, and this webserver has a user. This user is the owner of the owncloud directory.

On Default you install owncloud with an apache server, and on ubuntu the apache server user is www-data.

so you would change the owner of the directory like this:

chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/owncloud

Thank you for the explanation Dmitry,
I can see this on the install documents but still don't really understand, I am running Cpanel on Centos6.9

Please know that ownCloud’s data directory must be exclusive to ownCloud and not be modified manually by any other process or user.

Do i need to setup a new user for owncloud on the vps?

Also should the Data folder be outside of the install, at root level?

Not sounding too stupid, I think the folder permissions are set to $user $user, does this sound correct to you?

I don't know anything about hosted installations.

If the variable $user is set to the web server user - then it's correct. If not then not.

I have seen the web server user "www-data" and "apache".

Here are the permissions set on the directory Dmitry

It wont allow me to change to apache or www-data (User unknown) i can only change to root