Transactional file locking should be configured to use memory-based locking, not the default slow database-based locking

Hi,
I’m facing with the message saying: “Transactional file locking should be configured to use memory-based locking, not the default slow database-based locking.”
Here is my Config.php

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'filelocking.enabled' => true,
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis',
  'redis' =>
  array (
    'host' => 'localhost',
    'port' => 6379,
    'timeout' => 0.0,
    'password' => '',
  ),

'updatechecker' => false,

Who can help me?

What’s your actual issue? Without that it will be very hard to help you.

This is why we have a post template in the server category, which you chose not to fill out…

“Transactional file locking should be configured to use memory-based locking, not the default slow database-based locking.”

Depending on the operating system installed, neither the Redis server nor the PHP Redis module could be installed (and activated). I would check that first.

1 Like

I’m using Ubuntu 21.10, and this problems starts when I updated from 20.04.

In this case, I would check whether new versions of the Redis server and the Redis PHP module were also installed with the upgrade from 20.04 to 21.10. If so, you should check the compatibility with the installed ownCloud version.

Also, anything can happen during an upgrade. Is the Redis server running at all? Is the Redis server still started automatically?

1 Like

Redis is running well and started automatically. May be i’m facing compatability problems with this new version.

It seems ubuntu 21.10 brings PHP 8, and ownCloud isn’t compatible with PHP 8 so far. If this is the case, you’ll need to install PHP 7.4 and ensure ownCloud uses that version.

2 Likes

Yap, I saw this on nextcloud forum. I’m using php 7.4 and removed all php 8.0.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.