Trying to locate files on VM install -- Not where docs say!

So… Have a fresh install from the VMWare OVA, and running OwnCloud app. I’m trying REALLY hard to go nicely through the docs and discussions here to figure out where the config pieces are at. Many things tell me to look for config.php, but don’t say where. Other things say there’s /var/www/owncloud. There isn’t.

This particular window say to CLI and type sudo -u www-data php occ app:list or sudo -u www-data php occ config:list system to get information. Both say “Could not open input file: occ”

I get get to my server just fine. I can log into the owncloud portion of it just fine. One of the simple things I want to do is change my data directory for files. I’ve mounted and set up another drive to a /datastore directory. Now I’d like to tie that to the owncloud app so I can start saving files there! But all of this wonderful administration and it doesn’t exist where everything says! Any thoughts???

Scott

Hi,

could it be possible that this existing documentation is giving you the answer you’re looking for?

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/administration_manual/appliance/login_information.html

That was helpful, thanks. It’s not consistent with what is in the admin guide or user guide that links from the installed system though. :slight_smile: But either way, that got me to where the file is. Thanks!

Apparently not correct though. Settings changed to:
‘datadirectory’ => ‘/datastore’,

Device rebooted to restart everything… However, nothing is in /datastore directory, and when I go into the web interface and upload a new file, it still puts it into the old directory structure.

root@bellerive-fs:/var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/owncloud/data/files/swmorris/files/Documents# ls
Example.odt ownCloud-Logins.pdf <— Last one is the new upload.

So, is there another configuration location that I’m missing in order to change things up? I got the correct directory ownership setup for the www-data group/user.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Hey,

i think the application is a completely different system as a “normal” installation and from what i know is using docker to run ownCloud. Thus you see a different documentation here.

There seems to indeed additional steps required which seems to be also documented quite thoroughly here:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/administration_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html