Unable to acces after moving server to another domain

I moved the server in another domain and was unable to access oc from clients.

I changed the config.php to update trusted domains, to do that i had to change access permission:

1. chown -R myname owncloud_direcotry
  2. edit the trusted domain in config.php
  3. chown -R root:www-data owncloud_directory

I restarted the server but i'm still unable to log in.

I'm unable to get oc version but i installed it in March 2016 (maybe it is 9.xx)
Ubuntu server 14.4 LTS

Can someone help me?

Hi,

please describe your issue in more details. "i'm still unable to log in." or "unable to access oc from clients" contains nearly no info about your issue.

Please also fill out the shown template when creating a new thread providing some more details about your environment.

Thank You.

I'm unable to access the folder from client and from the browser.

If i open the client, it prompts for IP address, then i accept the certificate and it shows the message (translated from italian) "connection to ownCloun on https://IP:address/owncloud/status.php: unknown error"

If i open a web browser pointing to IP_address/owncloud, it shows me an ownCloud page (there is the oc logo) with this message: "unable to write in the config folder. This can be corrected by giving write access to the folder".

I'm also unable to get oc version, if i open status.php it is a php file to display status on browser.
I'm using mriaDB 5.5

Hi,

I solved the problem.

I did manually the strong permission settings https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/installation/installation_wizard.html#strong-perms-label

chown -R ${rootuser}:${htgroup} ${ocpath}/
chown -R ${htuser}:${htgroup} ${ocpath}/apps/
chown -R ${htuser}:${htgroup} ${ocpath}/config/
chown -R ${htuser}:${htgroup} ${ocpath}/data/
chown -R ${htuser}:${htgroup} ${ocpath}/themes/

chown ${rootuser}:${htgroup} ${ocpath}/.htaccess
chown ${rootuser}:${htgroup} ${ocpath}/data/.htaccess

using "www-data" for htgroup and htuser

the only difference is that in my data folder there is no .htaccess file.

It was not necessary to set chmod on .htaccess to open the oc folder from client and from browser

Thank You