Updater app from 9.0.4 to 9.1

I just updated ownCloud from 9.0.3 to 9.0.4 using the updater app.

I noticed that ownCloud is now at 9.1.

But, the updater app doesn't say an update is available like it did about 9.0.4. Is it supposed to or can it only update minor releases? I've logged in and out using my admin user and still no notice of an update.

Hi,

the release of a new major version via the updater app is always delayed up to one month after its release.

As the updater app is buggy since longer time and showed tons of issues and delays i'm always recommending to do a manual upgrade as described in the documentation.

If you still want to use the updater app you can switch to the "beta" release channel for now which provides 9.1.0:

I did that but then got this when attempting to go from 9.0.4 to 9.1:

_e [UnexpectedValueException] e
e Could not parse a response for config:list. Please check if the current shell user can run occ command. Raw output: e
e Not allowed e

I had no problem updating from 8.2.7 to 9.0.4 and earlier releases using the Admin Updater. https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/25551 appears to highlight issue with no solution. Is it wise to encourage folks to update to 9.0.x if this prevents easy updating in case of, say, a security release?

Hi,

i just can repeat:

As the updater app is buggy since longer time and showed tons of issues and delays i'm always recommending to do a manual upgrade as described in the documentation.