Upgrade from 8.2.7 (9.0.11?) to 10 - error

Dear friends

My hosting server migrated to a new surrounding, now with support for newer php versions. Until now I run Owncloud 8.2.7 with php 5.6. (Ugly thing: the admin section tells me that I am running 9.0.11 (stable)).
Anyways: I tried to upgrade to 9.1.8 as suggested by owncloud after logging in as admin. I changed php to 7.x and upgraded. --> Error, nothing works. And I cant downgrade again… I still have my config, but it doesn’t work when I put it in the owncloud directory.

Here are the latest log entries:

Error PHP is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ch36924/web/files:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/software_data:/home/ch36924/tmp) at /home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/paragonie/random_compat/lib/random.php#66 2020-10-21T18:39:19+00:00
Error PHP is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ch36924/web/files:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/software_data:/home/ch36924/tmp) at /home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/paragonie/random_compat/lib/random.php#66 2020-10-21T18:39:19+00:00
Error PHP require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/apps/files/appinfo/remote.php’ (include_path=’/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/pear/console_getopt:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/pear/pear_exception:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/pear/archive_tar:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/phpseclib/phpseclib/phpseclib:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/lib/private:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/config:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/apps:.:/usr/share/php:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html’) at /home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/remote.php#138 2020-10-21T18:39:19+00:00
Error PHP is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ch36924/web/files:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/software_data:/home/ch36924/tmp) at /home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/paragonie/random_compat/lib/random.php#66 2020-10-21T18:40:57+00:00
Error PHP is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ch36924/web/files:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/software_data:/home/ch36924/tmp) at /home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/paragonie/random_compat/lib/random.php#66 2020-10-21T18:40:32+00:00
Error PHP is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ch36924/web/files:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html:/home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/software_data:/home/ch36924/tmp) at /home/ch36924/web/owncloud.homepage.ch/public_html/3rdparty/paragonie/random_compat/lib/random.php#66

On top of the admin page, theses warnings appear (sorry, in german):

Sicherheits- & Einrichtungswarnungen

• Dein Webserver ist noch nicht hinreichend für Datei-Synchronisation konfiguriert, weil die WebDAV-Schnittstelle vermutlich defekt ist.

• Einige Dateien haben die Integritätsprüfung nicht bestanden. Weiterführende Information findest Du in unserer Dokumentation. (Liste der ungültigen Dateien … / Erneut analysieren…)

• PHP hat keine Leserechte auf /dev/urandom wovon aus Sicherheitsgründen höchst abzuraten ist. Weitere Informationen sind in der Dokumentation zu finden.

• Du greifst auf diese Site über HTTP zu. Wir raten dringend dazu, Deinen Server so zu konfigurieren, dass er stattdessen nur HTTPS akzeptiert, wie es in unseren Sicherheitshinweisen beschrieben ist.

• Es wurde kein Memory Cache konfiguriert. Um die Leistung zu verbessern, konfiguriere bitte einen Cache-Speicher, sofern vorhanden. Weitere Informationen findest du in unserer Dokumentation.

Bitte überprüfe noch einmal die Installationsanleitungen :arrow_upper_right: und kontrolliere das Log auf mögliche Fehler oder Warnungen.

Any idea how to fix my installation?
Thanks a lot!
Patrick

Sorry, I tried to downgrade just by renaming “owncloud - old” to “owncloud” again on the server. Doesn’t work. I’m on 8.2.7 again, no success to get access to my files.

By the way, here is my config report.config_report_20201021.txt (79.4 KB)

Restore from backup (if you have one) and start over.
Otherwise I would consider a fresh install of the latest version. But make sure that the new php environment fully covers ownclouds requirements.

1 Like

Why do you think that ownCloud doesn’t detect its own version correctly?

I guess shared hosting? These environments can be very tricky, perhaps you can tell us the hoster and platform and somebody else in the forum has some experience with that…

Hi eneubauer
Thanks for your reply.

1. When I check version.php in the owncloud-Folder, it says Version 8.2.7. But when I login Owncloud with my browser, under Admin it indicates Version 9.0.11.
  2. Yes, shared hosting with hoststar.ch (Switzerland). They run a Cloud by their own and it seems that they don’t want to help with owncloud problems…

regards
Patrick

To me this looks like the web server is pointing to another directory than the one you are referring to.

Do you have access to the webserver configuration? What is the document root?

You could test it easily by putting a file test.txt to your owncloud installation directory and call it from https://your-oc-domain/test.txt. If you receive a 404 here, you can start searching for the real document root.

NB: If you had filled out the issue template, that was shown when you opened the issue we would know more.

EDIT: Also keep in mind, that you’ll have to use the correct upgrade path, which in your case would be 8.2.7 -> 8.2.11 -> 10.x
ownCloud 8.2.11 can be found here https://attic.owncloud.org/community/

2 Likes

Wow, getting closer! Thanks a lot, cortho!
The server path is
/html/owncloud
The test.txt is not found, owncloud page appears saying “file not found”.
I keep on searching! And ask the hosting hotline again…

1 Like

Nothing helped. Some errors detected, but finally not successful. Made a new installation.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like