Upgrade to 10.0.0.7 question

This is kind of an odd question, but I am already at version 10.0.7.2 but when I went to run an apt-get dist-upgrade on my server today, I noticed that one of the packages that was going to be upgrade was owncloud-files. It's going to upgrade from 10.0.4 to 10.0.7. I upgraded via updater within the settings of ownCloud. Is it going to hurt me if I do the upgrade again this way? I've put a hold on the upgrade so it will not happen, but wanted to make sure.

Hi,

That's weird. Can you run an occ -V?

Sure thing, see below

sudo -u www-data php occ -V
Briljent 10.0.7

And in your config.php is the same version number?

I don't think that it is a good idea to mix different update methods. If you had installed via packages its probably the best to stay with the packages and don't use the updater app.

@dmitry Yes, the config.php file shows the same version number.

@tom42 I completely agree, however, I did install via the packages but upgraded via the Updater as I thought it was new to 10.0.4 when I originally installed, so I updated using it to 10.0.7.2 whenever it first came out.

Now that I've updated via the updater, I probably should and will continue updating that way. When I update my Ubuntu server, I can continue to put a hold on the ownfiles package, but in the event I get hit by a bus, I'd like to prevent the accidental upgrade. Is there a recommended way of stopping this? Or will the hold I placed via apt-mark put a permanent hold on it?

Thank you both for your assistance.