Upgrade to 10.0.3: How to change source from Debian Stable to official OC packages

For our family I run an own ownCloud installation on a Debian 8 VM hosted at Strato in Germany.

Operating System Version: Debian 8
System Installation Source: Strato mirror of Debian Stable
Web Server: Apache 2.4.10-10+deb8u10
Database: MySQL 5.5.57-0+deb8u1
PHP-Version: 5.6.30+dfsg-0+deb8u1
OwnCloud Server: 9.1.3-1.1

When originally installing ownCloud, it seems that I accidentally used the ownCloud packages located in the Debian Stable installation source. Since we have some issues with OwnCloud 9 which are filed in version 10.0.3, I'd like to update but version 9.1.3 is the latest in the installation source I have installed from.

I have added the official ownCloud repository for Debian then using the following commands:

wget -nv https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/Debian_8.0/Release.key -O Release.key
apt-key add - < Release.key
sh -c "echo 'deb http://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/Debian_8.0/ /' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list"

But when I execute:

apt-get update
apt-get install owncloud

I still only get version 9.1.3 from Debian Stable offered, which is already installed.

So how can I manage to upgrade my ownCloud installation now? :sweat:

First I searched Google for a way to force another installation source for the ownCloud packages - then I found the blog Upgrading ownCloud on Debian Stable to official packages:

I learned that Debian did some specific changes to ownCloud which will cause problems when upgrading using the official ownCloud repository. On the other hand, the article talks about upgrading from OwnCloud 7.0.3-debian, so I wonder if this article is still valid for Version 9.1.3. Well, while writing this, I get the feeling now that it is even strange that I have a version 9.1.3 in my Debian repository at all... Maybe Strato added it to its Debian mirror :confused:

So I do not really know how to continue here - I think I now Linux quite well but I am not much into the installation mechanism with apt. Normally I would just try - but this OwnCloud installation became very valuable to the entire family meanwhile and I have consider it like 'in production'...

So does anyone have a suggestion how to continue here?

Thanks a lot,
Michael

Well, it says:
apt-get install owncloud-files, not apt-get install owncloud
https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/stable/owncloud/

Maybe it helps.

/Regards Hoffen.

Thanks a lot for your hint, you were right! No clue how I managed not lose the '-files' ...but that's why it is good to have a second pair of eyes look on it sometimes!

So for the upgrade to OwnCloud 10.0.3 on Debian 8 I now just did:

apt-get install owncloud-files

# Enable user www-data:
passwd -u www-data

# Change shell of www-data 
# from /usr/sbin/nologin to /bin/bash
vi /etc/passwd

# Run upgrade script
su - www-data
cd /var/www/owncloud
php occ upgrade -v

The Server is running on OwnCloud 10.0.3 now, the only problem remaining now is that the integrity check (verify the code signature) for a whole bunch of files fails with the EXTRA_FILE error.

All in all around 1.470 files are marked as EXTRA_FILE - is there any way to delete them automatically? It would take several hours to do this manually...

Have a goof start into the new week!
Michael