Upgrading from 10.1 to 10.3 when available

Hello,

I’m reluctant to keep pace with ever upgrade that comes out. I’d prefer to update once or twice a year unless there is some critical bug fixed and we need to upgrade to fix it.

With said we are running 10.1.04 It seems to run well. 10.2 came out and not all the add-ons say they are compatible with 10.2 specifically so we waited. Now I see 10.3 is in alpha.

When we use the manual upgrade process can we upgrade from 10.1 to 10.3 without having upgraded to 10.2 when 10.3 is made available as stable release?

• Mike
1 Like

Hey,

i think this answer could be valid here:

Hello,
Understood. I should run every update without skipping when I get to the point of wanting to apply a particular version.

Thank you,
Mike

Hey,

i don’t think that is true. If i’m understanding the previous linked comment correctly you can update from 10.1.0 to e.g. 10.3.0 directly. The assumption seems to be true when checking the version.php which was previously mentioned for the latest 10.3.0 testing release:

The “not skipping versions” seems to me for version < 8.2.11 and all 9.0+ version < 9.0.9/< 9.1.

hello,

Thanks for pointing that out for me. I think we will wait and make a copy of the site to test the upgrade process with.

• Mike
1 Like