Upgrading from 9.1.8 to 10.0.7 all went wonderfully well and then

Versions:
* PHP: 7.0.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
* Apache: 2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
* mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.0.34-MariaDB

Was upgrading a system from 9.1.8 to 10.0.7 using the package installer and ran into an interesting problem.

No errors in the installation -- everything went just fine - green lights across the board however when I started the server could not get a login page.

Does something really strange like it's looping or something:

https://ourdomainname.com/owncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloud

The body of the webpage says:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /owncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloudowncloud on this server.
Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at IP address Port 443

Prior to that it displays a page briefly that says the webpage is not working and you have been re-directed too many times.

What did I miss? I feel it's something obvious

Guessing its permissions but I did reset the permissions of the owncloud directory so I issued the following command:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/owncloud/

But that made no difference.

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Any ideas or comments you have are most welcome.

Ian

Some items from the owncloud log file that show there are a few things it's not happy with:

LDAP seems to be broken:
{"reqId":"G8JX5f3niae1GlrswSlT","level":0,"time":"2018-04-20T23:20:29+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"user_ldap","method":"--","url":"--","message":"No DN found for on 192.168.0.100"}

Issues with cache too:
{"reqId":"AXM1uCfYkacz8WwaBj4S","level":1,"time":"2018-04-20T23:22:22+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"cli","method":"--","url":"--","message":"Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache"}

ran this command to check LDAP:

sudo -u www-data php occ ldap:test-config ''

system responded with The configuration is valid and the connection could be established!

So I guess it's not LDAP...

Does the following command show any errors?

sudo -u www-data php occ status

For LDAP, did you disable the LDAP app when upgrading and reinstall it afterwards from the Market? (I had to do that on a recent migration/upgrade to 10.0.7 - running the occ upgrade prompted me to disable that app.)

For the cache issue, I'd verify that php-apcu is installed.

php -m | grep -i apcu

If not, run this command:

sudo apt-get install php-apcu

Also, does your config/config.php have the following line?

'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',

it seems that the apache configuration for ownCloud might be wrong. Could you check if there is something wrong, or maybe the configuration is colliding with another one?