Upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04.1 kills my ownCloud

Hi there

Last night, I have upgraded my perfectly working ownCloud 9.1.1 installation from Ubuntu 14.04 to Ubuntu 16.04.1. using the do-release-upgrade command. It seems that as well php has been upgraded to version 7.

Now, trying to access my oC installation over the web interface shows a white page saying "Memcache \OC\Memcache\APC not available for local cache Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?".

When removing the line "'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APC'" from oC's config.php, I can see that obviously something went wrong with the php7 installation on my server: when I try to open the web interface of oC now, if can read on the usual blue oC background: "PHP module zip not installed.
Please ask your server administrator to install the module.
PHP modules have been installed, but they are still listed as missing?
Please ask your server administrator to restart the web server."

Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
Web server: Apache2
Database: MySQL
PHP version: 5.7
ownCloud version (see ownCloud admin page): 9.1.1
Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install: Updated
Installation method: manual

Thank you for any leads!

Cheers
Markus

So have you followed the instructions to install the missing module?

Sorry, but I don't really understand what the php zip module is... Well, I have installed apt-get install php7.0-zip now.

When I keep this line "'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APC'," away from my config.php, oC works again. If I paste the line in again, I end up with the white page saying: "Memcache \OC\Memcache\APC not available for local cache Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?"

What is now still missing?

Did you install it?
apt-get install php-apcu

Memcache\APC is not available anymore in recent php versions, you need Memcache\APCu as advised above

Oh yes!

apt-get install php-apcu
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
php-apcu is already the newest version (5.1.3+4.0.10-1build1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

It was already installed...

Well, if Memcache\APC is no longer supported, should I deactivate this line in config_inc.php then?

Nope, its advised to configure APCu instead:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/caching_configuration.html#id2

OK, that solved the issue...

I had to reconfigure config.php from
'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APC',
to
'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APCu',

Thank you all.