Upload via web interface won't work

Hi there,

I have OwnCloud 9.1.4 running on a Ubuntu server and since a while the upload functionality via web doesn't seem to work anymore. It did before. When I drag a file to the browsers, simply nothing happens. I tried in several browsers. Upload via the sync client however does work without any problems.

I checked the logfiles, owncloud.log and apache error logs but there is nothing special to see there.

Can you please help me to the right direction to look?

Use the Debug mode for reproducing and getting more infos: https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.1/developer_manual/general/debugging.html

Done that. Also nothing to see in the log then... :frowning:

You don't get anything in the apache or owncloud log?

Nothing in the owncloud log :frowning:

I checked both the owncloud log and the apache log to be sure during debug mode. But, when I try to uplode a file via the web interface nothing to see in both logs.

UPDATE:

Oh, wait, I see a lot of these logs:

Exception: {"Message":"HTTP\/1.1 405 The resource you tried to create already exists","Exception":"Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\MethodNotAllowed","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/CorePlugin.php(588): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->createCollection('InstantUpload', Object(Sabre\\DAV\\MkCol))\n#1 [internal function]: Sabre\\DAV\\CorePlugin->httpMkcol(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#2 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/event\/lib\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(459): Sabre\\Event\\EventEmitter->emit('method:MKCOL', Array)\n#4 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(248): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#5 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/appinfo\/v1\/webdav.php(57): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#6 \/var\/www\/owncloud\/remote.php(164): require_once('\/var\/www\/ownclo...')\n#7 {main}","File":"\/var\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php","Line":1121,"User":"martinvd"}

Did you use any database dumps or backups in the last time?
It seems data are available, but you can't see them, because they wouldn't be available.

I have same issue. Here is the log:

Exception: {"Message":"HTTP\/1.1 405 The resource you tried to create already exists","Exception":"Sabre\\DAV\\Exception\\MethodNotAllowed","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/CorePlugin.php(588): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->createCollection('InstantUpload', Object(Sabre\\DAV\\MkCol))\n#1 [internal function]: Sabre\\DAV\\CorePlugin->httpMkcol(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#2 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/event\/lib\/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(459): Sabre\\Event\\EventEmitter->emit('method:MKCOL', Array)\n#4 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php(248): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Request), Object(Sabre\\HTTP\\Response))\n#5 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/apps\/dav\/appinfo\/v1\/webdav.php(55): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#6 \/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/remote.php(138): require_once('\/var\/www\/html\/o...')\n#7 {main}","File":"\/var\/www\/html\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/DAV\/Server.php","Line":1121,"User":"dan"}

I had issues like that while trying to upload folders with multiple files using a web browser. The website seems to be frozen, and there are no log messages neither on OCIS or Traefik (my running reverse proxy in front of InfiniteScale).

After an extended analysis, I discovered that the InfiniteScale Front end was caching the entire folder to send like a unique object later, but it crashed my browser. I could check it on the browser’s task manager, the thread related to the OwnCloud InfiniteScale was growing its memory usage…

To me, it seems like a bug on the front end that needs to be revisited.

I’m using OwnCloud InfiniteScale version 4.0.1 running in Docker in an Ubuntu Pro 22.04 AWS EC2 m5.large instance.
My computer is a MacBook Pro M1 Pro with 16 GB RAM running MacOS Ventura 13.4.1. I tried it in different browsers: Chrome, Brave and Safari

Hey @marciofeld,

i think you have posted in a 7 year old forum posting about the ownCloud PHP version wile your problem seems to be about the new OCIS. From what i know these are two completely different products.

If you think this is a bug in the front end of the new OCIS product then i think you could report a bug report to the relevant Github bug tracker for that product.