Use of the same sync external disk on 2 different PC

Hello,

I had an sd card 64Go for sync on my work PC, which work very well. I recently change it for a 128 Go, and try time to use it at the same time as the sync folder on my home PC and on my work PC in order to save disk space.

The 128Go card sync very well at home, but when I tried to sync it at work it did not work at all. Different bugs happened, first Owncloud stopped recognizing the folder during the sync, currently I get a “writing metadata in database” bug. Both make Owncloud totally freezing, until I disconnect the card or reboot the PC.

So, I’m wondering if there is any way to use the same external sync device for two different PC, or at least what is avoiding it.

Home PC : Windows 7, Work PC : Windows 10, both using client Version 2.4.0 (build 8894)

Thank you,
MAP

I don’t think that this will ever work. Why are you doing this, what do you want to achieve?

I began to try this to get all the data download on my new card : because of the internet connexion, I wasn’t able to download them at work (20Go), so I download them at home.
At the same time, it found it very practical to only have the data on the card, more practical than having them at the same time at home and at work. It also allow me to save space on my computer, or to be easily transported and used even if I don’t have an internet connexion.

OK, I see. Thanks for the clarification.