User creation failing with 403 (POST <url>/settings/users/users 403)

Hello to all. I have an installation of owncloud 10.0.4 that has started throwing this error when creating a user. I tried to update to version 10.0.4 but the error remains the same.

I have another installation of owncloud, same version 10.0.4 which was not causing problems and even after the upgrade to 10.0.10 it is working perfectly.

I have nginx as a webserver and checked of the configurations differ but this is not the case. Seeking some help!

Thanks to all.

According Wikipedia:

HTTP 403 is returned when the client is not permitted access to the resource for some reason besides authentication.

1 Like

Solved the issue. It seems that owncloud does not accept user names with 2 characters. They have to be from 3 upwards. I have reported the issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

Well, this is a feature, rather than an issue. :wink:

Ok! Thanks. But there should be at least a warning for the user. Currently nothing is displayed and there are errors on console which could mislead a user. I’ve seen also another guy ask the same question.

You’re right, of course. In a perfect world, there would be a warning. OTOH, using a username with only two chars for accessing a cloud platform… but it’s up to you. :wink:

1 Like