Users files are no longer mapped to them after moving location

I’m going to start this by saying I have my Databases stored in docker volumes and this is all in the docs listed Docker install. I have moved the mapped data volume from one drive to another. I then changed the mapping in docker-compose but now users do not have files on OwnCloud. I had to change the default admin user from my past one “jack” to “admin” because it was claiming the user already existed. Seemed to point to the server thinking it is not installed based on some quick research.

How can I give users their files back??

Steps to reproduce

1. Shutdown owncloud
  2. Move data path to new location
  3. Check if users have files

Expected behaviour

I would expect files to show that are in the users subfolder in the data path

Actual behaviour

Files exist in the file system and I can visually see them in ‘ls’ but I am unable to see them in OwnCloud.

Server configuration

Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Web server: Docker install

Database: MySQL x Redis

PHP version: not sure

ownCloud version: 10.14.0.3

Where did you install ownCloud from: Official docs for docker install

Signing status (ownCloud 9.0 and above): Using Argo Tunnel with CF

Was unable to provide config file as it was too long as I wasn’t able to provide a pastebin link

List of activated apps:

Are you using external storage, if yes which one: no

Are you using encryption: no

Are you using an external user-backend, if yes which one: no

Client configuration

Browser: Google Chrome

Operating system: Windows 11

Logs

Web server error log

Dosen’t apply (docker)

ownCloud log (data/owncloud.log)

Cannot find at that location.

Browser log

Dosen’t apply

This is not sufficient!

1 Like

This is being used in docker where the path has remained the same for the container and the server running inside it. All I have done is change the docker volume mapping to a different location and coppied the files.

I stopped the docker container
Coppied the files
Checked the files integrity
Started the docker container

Basically nothing has changed for OwnCloud all I have done is moved the files of the data dir and then changed the docker volume mapping.

# - /storage/owncloud/files:/mnt/data
      - /backupdrive/storagebackupnew/owncloud/files:/mnt/data

Are you sure it’s not a caching issue? I’m not a docker expert, BTW.

Honestly I gave up with the install. I have all my files local anyway. I will reinstall OwnCloud but does anyone know how to manually upload files via FTP and actually have them show up on OwnCloud?

If you upload files by FTP, you must run a rescan command to make the files recognized by ownCloud.

1 Like

How do I run this within docker? The one I found fails.

Hey,

i never used Docker but it seems to ownCloud people provides some basic info how to use occ commands on docker here:

1 Like