Users migration from ldap to local server

Steps to reproduce

1.Configure owncloud server
2.Connect to ldap server
3.Create local user with same nickname as ldap account
4.Login with ldap credits
5.You have 1 local account and 1 ldap account

Expected behaviour

Local account will merge with ldap and in the end you have only ldap login to enter old account

Actual behaviour

You have 2 different accounts

Server configuration

Operating system:
CentOS 7

Web server:
ngingx

Database:
mariadb

PHP version:

ownCloud version: (see ownCloud admin page)
10.2.1 (stable)

Updated from an older ownCloud or fresh install:
fresh

The question - is it real to merge old account with ldap? Or I will have local and ldap double.
For example:
Now I have root and user1 accounts locally in owncloud.
After I login to user1 (ldap account) in OwnCloud userlist I see user1_88523.

Hey,

i have found the following in ā€œInternal Usernameā€ at https://doc.owncloud.org/server/admin_manual/configuration/user/user_auth_ldap.html. Maybe this helps to understand the functionality of ownCloud and the different types of accounts?

The internal username is the identifier in ownCloud for LDAP users. By default it will be created from the UUID attribute. The UUID attribute ensures that the username is unique, and that characters do not need to be converted. Only these characters are allowed: [\a-\zA-\Z0-\9_.@-] . Other characters are replaced with their ASCII equivalents, or are simply omitted.

The LDAP backend ensures that there are no duplicate internal usernames in ownCloud, i.e., that it is checking all other activated user backends (including local ownCloud users). On collisions, a random number (between 1000 and 9999) will be attached to the retrieved value. For example, if ā€œaliceā€ exists, the next username may be alice_1337 .

The internal username is the default name for the user home folder in ownCloud. It is also a part of remote URLs, for instance for all *DAV services.

You can override all of this with the " Internal Username " setting. Leave it empty for default behavior. Changes will affect only newly mapped LDAP users.

1 Like